- SAPO Messenger Mac for Mac OS v.1.0A free Jabber/XMPP client for the Mac OS X platform, developed at SAPO and released under a GNU GPL2 license. - clean Mac OS X experience;- multi-contact support;- WebKit-based chat windows;- Standards-based file transfer;- Uniform roster ...
- Adium for Mac OS v.1.3.5A fast and free open source instant messaging client which supports AIM, ICQ, Jabber, MSN, Yahoo!, Google Talk, Yahoo! Japan, Bonjour, Gadu-Gadu, QQ, Novell Groupwise, SIP/SIMPLE (Text), and Lotus Sametime. Adium supports beautiful WebKit message ...
- Gush v.1.3Gush is a free, professional grade, cross-platform, instant messenger and newsreader contained in an aesthetically pleasing environment. Some people say its drop dead gorgeous but were a bit more modest. Gush prides itself on being secure, full ...
- Pidgin for Mac OS X v.2.10.1Pidgin is a chat program which lets you log in to accounts on multiple chat networks simultaneously. This means that you can be chatting with friends on MSN, talking to a friend on Google Talk, and sitting in a Yahoo chat room all at the same time.
- BuddySpace Jabber Client v.rc.2.8BuddySpace is an enhanced Jabber client providing secure presence management, web services and instant messaging. It extends the 'buddy list' concept with enhanced and customisable visualisation of presence (incl. maps, logical ...
- Jabber MUD Bot Framework v.0.8This software allows a MUD server to be run as a Jabber bot. Users can then play the MUD using their Jabber client instead of a MUD client or telnet. This relieves the MUD server from having to handle user chat as users can chat in Jabber ...
- VoIM - Jabber Text and Voice IM Client v.0.9VoIM is a Java based Jabber client that will provide excellent text instant messaging capabilities as well as the ability to send and receive voice ...
- Smack for Mac OS X v.3.2.1Smack is an Open Source XMPP (Jabber) client library for instant messaging and presence. A pure Java library, it can be embedded into your applications to create anything from a full XMPP client to simple XMPP integrations such as sending ...
- Collanos Phone Mac OS X v.126.96.36.199Collanos Phone is a software-only Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phone and a multi-protocol instant messenger supporting Jabber, MSN, ICQ, AOL, and Yahoo! protocol combined in one application. It is available on Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux.
- Tunecore-Announcer v.0.1.0Communicate with your servers and daemons using the XMPP (aka Jabber) protocolTunecore-Announcer is ideal for virtual instances where you have servers coming online based on workload. A server or process can register with your XMPP server when it ...
- MavenIM Plugin v.0.1.beta.2MavenIM is a plugin for maven that provides a mechanism for sending instant messaging notifications. It will provide support for XMPP/XMPP secure (Jabber), AIM (TOC protocol), MSN, and YIM ...
- CommuniGate Pro Community Edition v.5.2For over a decade CommuniGate Pro is known for its robustness and security. The free Community Edition offers now this carrier-grade Internet Communications solution especially for SOHO and small offices with up to five users. CommuniGate Pro is easy ...
- JBuddy Developer Tools for Mac OS v.6.1Create interactive IM Bots and IM applications with ease using JBuddy IM Toolkits. JBuddy now includes a powerful, yet easy to use IM Bot Framework so building and running IM bots is a snap. JBuddy IM Toolkits support public IM networks such as AIM, ...
- JBuddy Messenger for Mac OS v.3.2A cross-platform, multi-protocol Instant Messaging client designed from the ground up for everyday business use. The FREE download of JBuddy Messenger supports public IM networks including AIM, ICQ, MSN, and Yahoo. After installing a purchased ...
- Digsby for Mac and Linux 0.85 v.betadigsby is a multiprotocol IM client that lets you chat with all your friends on AIM, MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, Google Talk, and Jabber with one simple to manage buddy list. digsby is an email notification tool that alerts you of new email and lets you ...
- BitlBee v.3.0.3BitlBee brings IM (instant messaging) to IRC clients. It's a great solution for people who have an IRC client running all the time and don't want to run an additional MSN/AIM/whatever client. BitlBee currently supports the following IM ...
- Pleeng! v.1.0.111Pleeng is an easy to use and convenient online communication tool that will help you forget about boring emoticons once and for all and will make your chats fun and truly engaging.Unlike many other IM apps, Pleeng does not require an additional ...
- Beep v.1.0Wireless telecommunication framework based on Jabber protocol, targeting JME (known before as J2ME) enabled ...
- BoombIt_Client v.0.424This is a computer client for an original CCG game 'Boomb.It!' (see www.shadem.ru). It allows to play the game without an opponent (AI developing), and it is able to play as p2p client over the Internet through the build-in jabber ...
- Communication Platform v.107e3 = jabber + java + plugins + svg web start link: ...
Cisco Jabber App For Mac
Download the Cisco Jabber for Mac client Click this Link (Download Jabber Client for Mac). If you are currently logged into Microsoft Teams (or have logged into Teams before) the following screen normally appears pre-populated with your university credentials. My Rec ommendation for Adium. My Recommendation for Adium. 11 Experiences 2 Pros 4. If your university-owned PC does not have the Software Center application, contact your departmental IT technician or the IT Service Desk to enroll in our PC Management service. Personally owned PC. Jabber for Windows Download (link opens to a Cisco webpage) Mac OS. University owned MAC: Download from Self Service.
- FeedBot RSS to XMPP Bot. Want a real time /.? Feed /. into your
- SAPO Messenger Mac for Mac OS A free Jabber/XMPP client for the Mac OS X platform,
- Qnext (Video Conferencing) Qnext Video Conferencing - A Vision of Clarity.
- InstantCharts Messenger for Traders InstantCharts Instant Messenger for Traders, this free
- JBuddy Developer Tools for Mac OS Create interactive IM Bots and IM applications with ease
- JBuddy Messenger for Mac OS A cross-platform, multi-protocol Instant Messaging client
- Collanos Phone Mac OS X Collanos Phone is a software-only Voice over Internet
- Pleeng! Pleeng is an easy to use and convenient online communication
- Digsby for Mac and Linux 0.85 digsby is a multiprotocol IM client that lets you chat with
- Tunecore-Announcer Communicate with your servers and daemons using the XMPP
You can install Cisco Jabber for Mac on the following operating systems:
- Apple OS X El Capitan 10.11 (or later)
- 2 Gig RAM
If you are installing Jabber on a new computer (for the first time) go to Step 1. If you are upgrading Jabber, delete the Jabber app from your Mac first and then proceed to Step 2.
- You will need to have the personal computer activated by completing the online “Jabber Activation” form on the ITS Self Service Portal first.
Jabber On Mac
- Select Login and make a request (Use your BCIT ID and password)
- Navigate to the request form: Chat Video and Collaboration > Instant Messaging (Jabber) > Request Personal Device Enrollment
- Note: Every computer will require its own activation.
- Input your Computer Type and OS version prior to submitting the request.
- Once IT Services has activated your computer you will receive an email stating that your Service Request has been completed, you may now proceed to Step 2.
2. Next, you will need to download the new software.
- The package can be downloaded from the Loop. Go to the Jabber Software Download [LOOP] page and download CiscoJabberMac-Install-11.9.2.pkg to your computer.
- Double-click the saved PKG file to start the installation and go to Step 3 to continue the setup.
3. Click Continue on the initial screen.
4. Agree to the License Agreement (see picture below).
5. Click through the Destination Selection and Installation Type screens.
6. Click Install to begin the process.
Download Jabber For Mac Os Versions
When prompted for your password, enter your Mac OS name and password and click Install Software.7. When the installation completes, click Close.
8. Next, open your Applications folder and launch the Cisco Jabber app.
9. The first time you start Jabber, you will need to authenticate. In cases where you are upgrading an older version, you should not have to re-authenticate.
- First enter your BCIT ID (A0xxxxxxx@voip.bcit.ca) and click Continue.
- Ensure your BCIT ID number is in the Username box
- Type your BCIT ID password
- Checkmark “Automatic Sign-in”
- Click Sign In.
10. Jabber will open and you are ready to start.
The next step is to ensure you can connect to Phone services. This will allow you to control your VOIP phone (take and make calls) using Jabber. By default, Jabber should connect to Phone Services without changes. Keep in mind that you should be within reach of your Desk Phone before taking and receiving calls this way. Jabber merely acts as a Call Controller.
Jabber can also act as a Softphone where your computer’s microphone and speakers are used for audio. The implication is that you no longer have to be in the office to make calls.
Download Cisco Jabber For Windows 10
To enable Jabber as a Softphone, first make sure you have activated your system as described in Step 1 and follow the instructions below:
- Click the bottom left phone icon
- Select Use my computer for calls
- If connected successfully, the icon will change to the computer. You are ready to use Jabber for calls from any location.
For additional information on installing the Jabber software, please contact the Technology Service Desk at 604-412-7444 – option 1.