Custom content and game modifications make the Sims 4 game experience more enjoyable. One downside, however, is when we tend to get lots of amazing mods that end up conflicting with one another. The solution? A Sims 4 mod conflict detector.
What is a Sims 4 mod conflict detector?
A mod collection of functional drugs for The Sims 4. Basemental Shop. Head over to the shop and get yourself some fresh merchandise! Basemental Gangs. Basemental Gangs is an extensive add-on to Basemental Drugs. Basemental Alcohol. Turns The Sims 4 juices into functional alcohol. Do not install this if you have Basemental Drugs installed. Sep 02, 2014 Pools, Ghosts, and Other Free Updates. Tons of free content has been added to The Sims 4 since it launched. Design and build awesome pools, return from the dead as a ghost and scare your neighbors, and climb the corporate ladder to start your career as an Angel Investor or a Business Tycoon! Sims 4 allows you to spawn Sims of many different widths with the Create-a-Sim tool.
A mod conflict detector for the Sims 4 is a well-built GUI (graphical user interface) tool that helps detect and solve mod conflicts in the game. It was first created by Dmitry Malfatto at Mod The Sims in February 2015 and regularly updated until 2018.
Think of an unorganized Mods folder. Sure, game modifications tweak and improve the overall game experience. But isn’t it annoying when your mods are conflicting and, as a result, somehow negatively affecting your game?
The Sims 4 conflict detector addresses such issues. It allows users to get rid of not just conflicting mods, but also empty and unusable mods that got in the Mods folder by mistake.
Main Features of the Sims 4 Mod Conflict Detector:
- Search for duplicate TS4 mods
- Detect files that are not for The Sims 4
- Detect stray files or files that should not be in your Mods folder (not *.package, *.zip, etc.)
- Disable (particular) mods
- Open file in s4pi
- Show file in a folder
- Delete file(s) straight from the program
- Analyze files (to find out exactly in what way they modify the game);
- Copy conflicting ResourceKeys.
Updates on the Mod Conflict Detector program for The Sims 4:
- Improved performance
- Added the following: “Files” analysis mode, “File” mode
- Localizations: (zh-CN, zh-TW), Spanish (es-ES), French included
- .CFG file detector added
- ‘Send error report’ and ‘Check for updates’ options to keep updated with the program’s versions
- ‘Customize file colors’ feature (Options > Settings > Colors)
- Disabling any file allowed
- Filters for ‘Mod Type’ and ‘Conflicts’ added
- More convenient access to panels
- Updated Chinese translations
Mod Conflict Detector 2.0
In 2017 or one and a half year after program developer Dmitry Malfatto introduced the first version of the mod conflict detector, he updated the program with the following improvements: new interface and CFG editor, added new filters, improved performance and stability, and more.
During this time, the program already has over 2 million downloads, but that did not stop the developer from further improving the mod conflict detector. He introduced several more updates, including the following:
- Mod activation/deactivation
- Updated notification center
- Faster file analysis
- Advanced user mode
- Automatic detection of game dir
- Improved duplicate searching
- Changes in the pop-up menu
- Improved performance and fixed errors
How to use the TS4 MCD (Mod Conflict Detector)
Mod Manager Sims 4 Mac
The mod conflict detector program can be downloaded from Mod The Sims by following this link. But first, before you decide to use this amazing creation, here are a few things to note:
Download Mods For Sims 4 Mac Islamic Mod
- Extract all files from the archive into a folder before starting the MCD program. All files, including the .dll libraries and not just the .exe, must be included.
- Make sure that all these files are contained within a folder on your desktop or other location separate from your Mods folder.
Download Mod File For Sims 4
Once you’ve installed and opened the program, it will prompt you to scan your files for available mods for The Sims 4. Scanned mods will appear as a list in the Scan Results tab, and the program will tell you about the mod types and if there are conflicts. Basically, from there, you can organize your TS4 mods and delete duplicates or unnecessary downloads using the Sims 3 mod conflict detector.