Portable-VirtualBox is a free and open source software tool that lets you run any operating system from a usb stick without separate installation.
VirtualBox is a powerful x86 and AMD64/Intel64 virtualization product for enterprise as well as home use. Not only is VirtualBox an extremely feature rich, high performance product for enterprise customers, it is also the only professional solution that is freely available as Open Source Software under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2. VirtualBox Application for Mac is a software utility that allows users to use multiple operating systems virtually to the user. VirtualBox 6.0.4 works better in many ways than VMware Workstation 6. For example, the volume of the VMware Workstation is about 550 MB in size, and it requires a relatively large amount of space as well. Apr 30, 2008 Presently, VirtualBox runs on Windows, Linux, Macintosh and OpenSolaris hosts and supports a large number of guest operating systems including but not limited to Windows (NT 4.0, 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7), DOS/Windows 3.x, Linux (2.4 and 2.6), Solaris and OpenSolaris, and OpenBSD. Install Mac OS On VirtualBox Virtual Machine Steps. 2.1 Create MacOS Virtual Machine In Virtualbox. Open virtualbox, click New button to create a new virtual machine. Input macOS high sierra or macOS mojave in the Name field, select Mac OS X in Type drop down list, select Mac OS X(64-bit) in Version drop down list, then click Next button.
. Mac Pro 7,1 (2019) 16 core Xeon-W with 96G RAM. Mac mini 6 core i5 with 64G RAM catalina 10.15.6 VB 6.1.12 guest(s) are earlier versions of OSX (I use the Box installations for testing GCC toolchain builds across the OSX range).
- Download and run Portable-VirtualBox_v5.1.22-Starter_v6.4.10-Win_all.exe.
- Choose a folder to extract to.
- Go to the folder and run Portable-VirtualBox.exe. You'll see a window like the one below:
- If you have already downloaded the installer for VirtualBox from www.virtualbox.org click search and navigate to the file. If not, click 'Download The Installation Files of VirtualBox.' Portable-VirtualBox will show you the download's progress.
- Once the installer is download, check the boxes that are appropriate and click OK. Portable-VirtualBox will extract the files it needs from the VirtualBox installer, and restart itself afterward if you select the last checkbox.
Portable-VirtualBox makes default settings automatically. You can modify them by pressing CTRL-5 or opening the tray menu while Portable-VirtualBox is running. Either action will bring up the configuration GUI below. The Hokey-Settings tab is shown open in the image below:
- Splash screen to start and end
- Configurable Home Directory
- Launch the VirtualBox GUI or directly launch a VM
- Configure the hotkeys for managing your virtual machine
- Configure USB and network support
- Choose language for GUI
- Saves settings in editable *.ini-files
- Can automatically check for VirtualBox updates
- All absolute paths in the VirtualBox.xml are replaced automatically by relative paths
- Checks to make sure VirtualBox files exist
Install files signature
All install files after launcher version 6.4.10 is digitally signed. Signer is “Open Source Developer, Runar Buvik”, certificate is issued by Certum Level III CA. This is temporarily disabled until a new certificate arrives in the mail.
VirtualBox needs several kernel drivers installed and needs to start several services: if the drivers and services are not already installed you'll need administrator rights to run Portable-VirtualBox.
When Portable-VirtualBox starts, it checks to see if the drivers are installed. If they are not it will install them before running VirtualBox and will remove them afterward. Similarly, Portable-VirtualBox checks to see if the services are running. If not, it will start them and then stop them when it exits.
If you want to save space you can remove the language files for other languages than your own. That can save you nearly 10 MB. They are in the nls directory.
You can also delete the documentation saving nearly 5 MB. You will find it in the doc directory.
When the VM is running you must press the 'Host-Key' (initially configured as the right CTRL-Key) to be able to use the other Hotkeys since otherwise the VM will have the focus.
- To download of Portable-VirtualBox
- Unpack from Portable-VirtualBox
- Start from Portable-VirtualBox
- Attitudes open (Tray --> attitudes, CTRL+5) --> rider Network (Tab) --> VirtualBox with network support start --> memory (save)
- Terminate from Portable-VirtualBox
- Start from Portable-VirtualBox
- Driver installation agree
- Selection of a VM and the network map to host interfaces stop
- Attitudes make
Languages of Launcher
English, German, Portuguese, Spanish, French, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Polish, Russian and Ukrainian.
Virtualbox For Mac Os
None of the files that come from VirtualBox are modified or otherwise changed.
Virtualbox For Macbook Pro
Portable-VirtualBox downloads the VirtualBox installer which contains all of the VirtualBox files and drivers. Portable-VirtualBox unpacks the files and stores them in subdirectories . Portable-Virtualbox can also compress them in order to save space.
Virtualbox For Mac Review